E-Cube Mobile Fuel Storage Cube Installation Best Practices
It’s very important to maintaining a safe and compliant fuel storage tank, that you complete the initial setup using the industry best practices we have listed below. Before you begin setting up your E-Cube Mobile Fuel Storage Cube, please refer to your local regulations regarding the storage of fuel to review your risk assessments. Once your tank is on-site, ensure you’ve allocated a safe place to set it up. The E-Cube Mobile Fuel Storage Cube should be placed on firm, level ground, and in a location with minimum risk to Health and Safety as well as the Environment. Below we have outlined some best practices when performing the initial setup for your Mobile Fuel Cube:
- The Mobile Fuel Cube should be placed at a safe distance outside, away from residential or office buildings for fire safety.
- It is best to locate the Fuel Cube on a paved concrete pad or asphalt to assist with pollution prevention.
- Place your Fuel Cube on a level surface to ensure you can use the whole volume of fuel safely.
- Ensure you have fire-fighting equipment (foam or powder) and spill response equipment (clay covers, absorbent granules, etc.) readily available neat the Fuel Cube.
- You will need to assess when and how the fuel storage cube will be used, and who’ll be using it. Make certain the operators are familiar with the equipment and are competent enough to use it safely. Refer to your E-Cube Mobile owner’s manuals for detailed instructions on using your equipment.
- If the Fuel Cube has been previously used it will need to be thoroughly inspected prior to fill up.
- Once ready, you can fill the E-Cube Mobile Fuel Storage Tank to 95% capacity. This will help prime the feed lines and pumps. Note: this is only required for first use, or after fuel storage tank has been fully drained.
Envirosafe is happy to help you find a solution that is compliant with your local regulations. Contact our office for more information at (800) 555-4754.